ELECTRICAL DESIGNER (JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN)
“Creating Quality Automation Solutions Through Innovation and Service” is what we are at Kahler Automation. We seek dependable, hardworking candidates who are not only looking for a job, but a career with our progressive team. For additional information on this position, call (507) 235-6648. Send resume and cover letter to: Kahler Automation, c/o Human Resources, 808 Timberlake Road, Fairmont, MN 56031 or e-mail to HR@kahlerautomation.com.
Summary: Gather project information such as motor horsepower, voltages, current draws and assist in the sizing of electrical power equipment to serve the equipment in a bulk material handling site. Specify automation components, communication components, and layout control system hardware. Position based in Fairmont, MN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with equipment vendors, sales, and the electrical design team to gather information about the project.
- Review sales orders, equipment lists, process flow diagrams, and equipment layout drawings to determine project details.
- Prepare, check, and coordinate design drawings and other documentation needed for plant control systems per applicable standards and codes.
- Calculate load and size electrical components in accordance with UL and the National Electric Code.
- Stays current with industry trends related to products and services.
- Program and/or troubleshoot PLC’s.
- Familiar with programming, calibration, and troubleshooting instrumentation.
- Responsible for the composition of operator manuals and/or control narratives.
- Assists in the development and application of new products, controls, instruments, and systems for new commercial and industrial use, for both the export and domestic market in a cost effective and practical manner.
- Assists engineering and shop personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and determines methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products, processes and control panels.
- Assists in directing or coordinating manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, or testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements. This includes but is not limited to UL, OSHA, NFPA, NEC, and local requirements.
- Familiar with motor starters, soft starts, variable frequency drives, and motor control centers.
- Familiar with programming software and configuration of PLC’s, VFD’s, soft starts, and other control devices.
- Assists and coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
- Familiar with pneumatic and hydraulic components and systems in relation to Kahler systems and customer requirements.
- Investigate customer or public complaints, determine nature and extent of problem, and recommend remedial measures.
Associates degree or equivalent; or two to four years’ related experience, master or journeyman electrician, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience as an electrician, working at a wholesale distributor specifying electrical equipment, or maintaining electric power systems in an industrial setting. A background in the National Electrical Code NEC. Experience building control panels meeting UL requirements for 508A.