ELECTRICAL WIRER — *POSITION FILLED*
“Creating Quality Automation Solutions Through Innovation and Service” is what we are at Kahler Automation. We seek dependable, hardworking candidates who are not only looking for a job, but a career with our progressive team. For additional information on this position, call (507) 235-6648. Send resume and cover letter to: Kahler Automation, c/o Human Resources, 808 Timberlake Road, Fairmont, MN 56031 or e-mail to HR@kahlerautomation.com.
Summary: Installs electrical wiring and assembles components in control cabinets, electrical and industrial equipment, and related industrial apparatus, according to blueprints and wiring diagrams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Squares and aligns the layout of components on back panels and electrical enclosures.
- Drills and taps holes in specified locations to mount control units and to provide openings for elements, wiring, and instruments.
- Attaches breakers, relays, contactors, bus bars, transformers, insulators, power supplies, motor over loads, PLC, meters, and fuse blocks to mounting holes with bolts and screws.
- Accurately wires control panel and in some cases assist with final check out.
- Follows engineer’s instruction to meet UL specifications and wiring methods.
- Cuts, strips, bends, and forms wire cable, conduit, pipe, and tubing used to connect circuits and subassemblies. Connects number identified or color-coded wires. Observes wire bending radius as per UL specification.
- Performs wiring from schematics, drawings and other documentation. Notes approved changes by engineer via red lines on shop drawing which is presented to drafting for recording.
- Installs components, units, and printed circuit boards, following specifications and using hand tools and power tools.
- Marks and tags components to track and identify stock inventory.
- Assists or confers with supervisor or engineer to plan and review work activities and to resolve production problems.
- Inspects units to detect malfunctions, and adjusts, repairs, or replaces component parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Positions, aligns, and adjusts work pieces and electrical parts to facilitate wiring and assembly.
- Tests wiring installations, assemblies, and circuits for resistance factors and operational defects, and records results.
- Reads and interprets schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, and reports to determine materials requirements and assembly instructions.
- Label Manufacture — The following duties are not done by all electrical wirers:
- Responsible for cutting and engraving all labels, validate all labels are up to date and accurate per drawings. Maintain stock on common panel labels.
- Deliver labels to correct jobs in panel shop.
- Responsible for inspection, maintenance, and cleaning of the laser and engraving equipment on a regular basis. Provide appropriate preventative maintenance and general maintenance.
- Responsible for the appropriate operation of equipment including exhaust fan while laser is in operation. Change filters on exhaust system according to schedule.
Six to 12 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience building industrial control panels.