PLC PROGRAMMER— **POSITION FILLED**
“Creating Quality Automation Solutions Through Innovation and Service” is what we are at Kahler Automation. We seek dependable, hardworking candidates who are not only looking for a job, but a career with our progressive team. For additional information on this position, call (507) 235-6648. Send resume and cover letter to: Kahler Automation, c/o Human Resources, 808 Timberlake Road, Fairmont, MN 56031 or e-mail to HR@kahlerautomation.com.
Summary: Converts data from specifications and statements of problems to Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) code. Position based in Fairmont, MN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consults with supervisor, systems analysts, other project engineers and PLC programmers, and end users to gather information about the project — intent, functions, features, data requirements, input requirements, output requirements, internal and external checks and controls, hardware and operating system environment, and interfaces with other systems.
- Designs or writes project specifications based on consultations with supervisor, systems analysts, other programmers, and end users.
- Converts designs and specifications into PLC ladder code.
- Compiles code into PLC programs and corrects errors detected in compile process.
- Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm program meets specifications.
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises PLC programs.
- Writes and maintains documentation of changes to PLC code, programs, and specifications.
- Designs and codes layouts for onscreen user interfaces, printed outputs, and interfaces with other systems.
- Reviews user and technical documentation written by others to confirm consistency with PLC program operations.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with PLC and HMI programs.
- Revises program for corrections, enhancements, or system environment changes.
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use and support PLC program.
- Coordinates with other programmers about PLC and HMI program revisions.
- Modifies and maintains PLC software programs written by others.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.