TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST — *POSITION FILLED*
“Creating Quality Automation Solutions Through Innovation and Service” is what we are at Kahler Automation. We seek dependable, hardworking candidates who are not only looking for a job, but a career with our progressive team. For additional information on this position, call (507) 235-6648. Send resume and cover letter to: Kahler Automation, c/o Human Resources, 808 Timberlake Road, Fairmont, MN 56031 or e-mail to HR@kahlerautomation.com.
Summary: Primarily assists customers over the phone to remotely diagnose hardware related problems and guide customers through the resolution of problems. Installs, modifies, and makes minor repairs to customer equipment. Provides technical assistance and training to system users by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides phone support for Kahler customers primarily related to Kahler produced hardware. Instructs users in use of equipment, software, and manuals.
- Provides support via the phone to Kahler employees during startup projects.
- Installs or assists service personnel in installation of hardware and peripheral components such as electrical panels and other control devices.
- Responds to customer inquiries related to Kahler computer software.
- Understands the unique application environment for each customer and how Kahler Automation equipment can solve problems.
- Loads and tests PLC software and other control device software.
- When available, follows established processes, procedures, or protocols when resolving customer issues. Develop and create operator manuals and test procedures.
- Configures devices and systems and observes system functions to verify correct system operation.
- Responds to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems over the phone.
- Recommends or performs minor remedial actions to correct operational problems.
- Documents action in customer’s record. Document component serial number for meters, scales, etc. for historical and warranty information.
- Uses good communication and decision making to assist customers in diagnosing and resolving issues associated with Kahler equipment.
- Will be asked to test software written by in house programmers and provide a written report of problems or bugs encountered. Also new hardware being developed will need to be tested and performance reports written and provided to project engineer.
- Refers issues for on-site assistance if necessary.
- Evaluate sales orders for accuracies and recommend corrections. Refer problems to the appropriate design engineer.
- Work with customers for returning parts to be repaired and forward parts to vendors if necessary. Respond to warranty repairs as necessary.
- Recommend inventory for repair stock.
- Perform quality assurance testing on select panels prior to shipping.
- Using customer feedback, modify features and enhancements. Recommend new features to product development.
- Completes and files work reports at the end of each day. Reports will reflect time worked and all supplies and materials used.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in computers or electronics; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.